GeorgiaCares is the State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) for Georgia. GeorgiaCares provides personalized counseling, education and outreach to assist Medicare beneficiaries with their Medicare questions.
We invite you to partner with GeorgiaCares. As a partner, you can help keep Medicare beneficiaries informed about all of Medicare, including but not limited to:
- Disseminating GeorgiaCares publications at events
- Providing space(s) for GeorgiaCares counseling stations
- Adding your organization’s name to the GeorgiaCares roster of partners
- Providing a letter of support for grant opportunities
- Providing GeorgiaCares opportunities to present to your organization
- Extending GeorgiaCares opportunities to appear in your organization’s newsletter
- Linking your organization’s website to GeorgiaCares website
- Collaborating with GeorgiaCares on community/education events
- Sharing GeorgiaCares volunteer opportunities to network and/or volunteers
- Inviting GeorgiaCares to provide training to network
- Inviting GeorgiaCares to provide training to volunteers
- Providing outreach materials to GeorgiaCares.
GeorgiaCares does not partner with licensed insurance agents, representatives from Medicare Advantage Plans or Medicare Prescription Drug plans, those that intend to sell Medicare information or charge individuals for education services. Partnerships are established upon approval by the Georgia Department of Human Services, Division of Aging Services.